Thursday, 27 October 2011

Neurologist Appointment

Neurologist appointment today found us checking over Violet's shunt from a hit to her head yesterday from a soccer ball at school that hit her right next to her shunt. All seems okay with the shunt which is relieving to hear.

We again discussed the last med Amitriptyline/Endep for her daily headaches. He does feel it was the cause of her seizure at the time of taking it. So, today he decided to start her on another med Topamax (which I have used myself) so will see how this goes and hope for no major side effects.


All being well, he will review her again in 3 months.

3 comments:

Missy said...

So relieved to hear that the shunt is fine after being hit by the ball yesterday.

I hope the new meds both help with the headaches and dont cause any seizures!

xx

Alison said...

Glad to hear all is OK. I hope the med worka well for her headaches.

April said...

I'm glad her shunt is A OK- hope her headaches get better soon!