Sunday, 26 June 2011

Update

On Thursday at Violet's rehab review, surgeon decided to cancel the surgical closure of her pressure ulcer that was scheduled for Friday. Surgeon feels surgery may still need to be done but on Thursday they decided to first try some silver nitrate to burn off some of the dead areas on the ulcer that just haven't been lifting naturally. He is hoping it will start to heal now he has burnt this area off. She has been in alot of pain since he did this, so hoping that is a good sign.

There was a big discussion on Thursday between the surgeon and the CNC, he wanted to use the silver nitrate while the CNC felt it was the wrong decision. I am hoping the surgeons decision was the right one!

On looking at it today it is very red again. I was worried when finishing her AB's on Thursday and the surgeon not wanting to continue them that the staph might flare up again...so here's hoping that it's not!

5 comments:

Alison said...

This has become a never ending story! I really hope the end is in sight for you guys. Would love to see you during the school holidays if Violet is well enough.

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

Isn't it a worry when the so-called medical experts can't agree on the best course of action...

Doesn't give one much confidence that the end is in sight really...

Very very sorry that this is still going on for you and your gorgeous girl.

You and V must be so OVER it.

Hugs, S x

PS: would love to finally meet you at Alison's!

Mazzmerise said...

{{hugs}} to Miss Violet and you ♥

Hope things start to heal this has been a stressful and long journey that should have been over awhile ago, stay strong and always follow your gut feelings

Thinking of you all

n0thingbuteverything said...

I can't believe what an ongoing saga this has become for you guys. You must all just be so fed up by now :-(. Fingers crossed for more good news soon xo

ferfischer said...

This poor thing - gosh I hope things get better soon.