Monday, 30 May 2011

Neurologist Appointment

This afternoon Violet had her Neurology review.

Neurologist still concerned about her daily headaches. She has also been very tired lately, to the point where I have been having to wake her up and when she is awake is constantly saying she is tired. Yes I know she has started school this year and may be worn out from school. However having a shunt we can never disregard these kind of symptoms as they could be possible issues with her shunt, even a slow decline of it starting to play up. You would think she would have more energy if anything from not walking like she would be normally.

He is having her bloods done including Epilim levels, liver function etc and would also like her to have a review with her Opthamologist to have him check her eye muscles and if these don't turn anything up, he would like to look into checking pressure in her skull through her Rickham's Reservoir.

Next review in 3 months.

7 comments:

Alison said...

I hope there are no dramas with the shunt.

Are you guys at the hospital again this week? We have multiple appointments tomorrow morning, are seeing the paed on Wed and then having casting on Thursday. Let me know if you'll be around!!!

Sarah said...

Not at this stage. Do have appt at Violet's Ocularist on Thursday but in Parramatta and I am currently emailing photos of Violet's pressure ulcer to hospital so we don't have to come in as often for that at least.

Wow sounds a very busy week, hope the appts go as well as they can. You have just reminded me I need to book her Paed appt.

Sarah said...

Oh and let me know if you do see Emma on Wed as I am hanging out to catch up with her instead of her fellows!

Alison said...

We are seeing her in the private consulting rooms so I think that means we actually see HER. I'll let you know!

Overcoming said...

Praying for that precious girl!

April said...

Oh I hope you get some answers that will help with your sweet girl. Sending love!!

Belinda said...

Hope shunt is all ok! and ulcer! Xx