Friday, 4 March 2011

Thank you painkillers!

This morning we were back to the hospital to pick up a sling for the hoist Violet will be using at her school when she goes back. She is supposed to be going back to school on Tuesday but we will have to see if her pain is being managed well enough first.

Who would have thought orthopaedic surgery would be this painful! I mean I knew it would be to an extent but she seems to be in more pain post op than both of her brain surgeries so far and they are painful enough!

She is having lots of muscle spasms still and in turn we are having very sleepless nights. She is still on morphine and today we picked up some Diazepam from the hospital to help with her spasms. I have felt them myself and they jolt her whole leg and also can feel her leg throbbing, the poor thing.

I have been existing as a zombie walking around. I was very light headed and ready to faint last night after almost 2 weeks of nearly zero sleep.


6 comments:

Missy said...

I am really sorry to hear that Violet is still suffering from so much pain. I hope that you are able to get some control soon of the pain. I wouldnt rush back to school too soon, like you said get the pain well controlled, catch up on some sleep and then head back.
Big hugs to Violet xxxx

Belinda said...

Wishing the pain away and sending you some zzzzz's! Love to you. xx.

Alison said...

So sorry to hear Violet is still in so much pain. I hope she has a good night tonight and that you all get some sleep.

n0thingbuteverything said...

Oh no fun :-(. I hope the painkillers do their job and you are able to get some rest too xoxoxo

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Dont acciidently swallow some diazapan yourself! Take care i am thinking of you everyday and hope for a speedy recovery!

April said...

Oh I am so sorry she is hurting... Wish there was something I could do to help-- hoping you get some rest!