Monday, 10 January 2011

Things are happening...

Ramp Access Sign
As you are aware, we are awaiting on alot of things to be ready for Violet to start Primary School in only 3 weeks time! Apart from the obvious lack of aide funding, we are also waiting on building alterations! I had lost all faith that this had even been acknowledged by the school and DET and the also the necessity for them to all be done before she starts school.

Well, I happened to drive past Violet's primary school yesterday and guess what? They have construction people in the school, sections all cordoned off and have started Violet's needed alterations to the school!

From the road I can see they have started the most important thing to me and that is the ramp access into her classroom, awesome! Well, they haven't yet built the ramp but they are in the demolition stage and will no doubt now have to have it all ready for when the all Kindy's start on 2nd Feb!

I can also see they are doing other alterations to areas that were pointed out from Violet's OT Site Inspection!

I think I can see a teeny tiny bit of hope restored...my persistance may have paid off...


9 comments:

Alison said...

LIKE!!

Dianne said...

Great to hear!!! Hope it's all ready in time. xo

Belinda said...

Excellent!!!!!!!

Keep us updated! xx.

The Henrys said...

That's awesome news! What a relief that they are doing this!!

Carla said...

Yay for ramps!

Korin and Bella said...

Well, its about time!!

Ally {mtm} said...

That is brilliant news Sarah!

I can't believe your little girl will be a kindy kid in a few short weeks! ♥

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

Very glad you are seeing some progress in the right direction - even if it is rather late in the day.

I'm not game to go past M's school to see if the BER Hall which includes "her" bathroom has actually been finished...

Carl said...

Hi there,

Glad to hear things are getting done!

If you're interested, I wrote a blog post about steps and ramps here: http://workingatperfect.blogspot.com/2011/01/steps-me-rage.html

Regards,