Saturday, 1 January 2011

Reflecting on 2010

2010 was a big year for Violet and me...although truth be known 2011 will be even bigger...

One thing I am extremely thankful for in 2010 is that Violet has only had 2 hospital admissions! One for the worse seizures she has had to date and her other admission for Bacterial Pneumonia.

Violet started and finished Preschool and it has been great to see her benefit from this.

We discovered Violet's necessity for surgery to her leg/foot was alot more urgent than we initially thought - Here's hoping the surgery in February will help!

Violet started Riding for the Disabled - and she loves it!

I attended countless school and funding appointments for most of the year, only to be disappointed in hearing she would receive 1 hour per day aide time.

With the help of some extremely generous friends and anonymous donations, Violet received her very first wheelchair!

2011 is something I have been hoping would never arrive...the year Violet starts primary school. I know I had this anxiousness with Preschool but that is a much more controlled environment. I feel that I can't exhale at the moment, tight in the chest with anxiousness...wish us luck...

11 comments:

Melissa and Luke Young said...

I hope violets transition and journey through primary school is a smooth one. I look forward to following her story.. hoping 2011 is a healthy and happy year for you all xx

Alison said...

I hope Violet's transition to school is an easy one for all of you - and a positive one for her.

Here's to an uneventful year!!

The Henrys said...

Happy New Year! I hope 2011 brings many good surprises your way!

ps: The wheelchair looks awesome!

April said...

2010 was a big year- and hoping 2011 will be full of happy things for you! Good luck as you anticipate surgery and a new year at school!!

Imogen said...

Hi there, I am 13 and I have microphthalmia. I think your blog is very interesting and inspirational. I hope you and violet have had a good start to 2011 and that the dreaded school transition goes well. Keep smiling, Keep blogging.

Mazzmerise said...

{{hugs}} Sarah
I hope 2011 is smooth for you even with it being busy. hope Violet has a smooth transition into Primary school ♥ they grow up so fast

Ally {mtm} said...

I have everything crossed for a smooth and trouble free transition to big school this year.

Happy New Year to you all, I hope it's a wonderful year ♥

Belinda said...

Hoping 2011 is a positive year for you all!

Wishing you luck! xx.

n0thingbuteverything said...

Fingers crossed for a brilliant start to school for Violet.
You know we're at a similar point in our journey so hope we'll be able to offer each other lots of cyber hand holding and support :-).
Hope you have a wonderful (appointment free) Summer hols xo

n0thingbuteverything said...

Oh and I LOVE that pic of Violet. Gorgeous :-).

Missy said...

What a beautiful photo of Violet.

I wish you a healthy and positive 2011. WIll be thinking of Violet and you, especially with her upcoming surgery.

hugs