Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Last Day at Preschool


Well today is another day I have been dreading...Violet's last day of Preschool :(

This morning, I took a photo of Violet with the Preschool Manager and her 2 teacher's aides. When I asked Violet if I could take the photo in the morning or afternoon, she said morning. I figured this as by the afternoon she is so exhausted and uncooperative!

She enjoyed her last day and took her RDA Trophy in for her last news and all the kids thought it was awesome!

I was hoping I would get through saying my goodbyes to the staff and teachers aides this afternoon without tears....but that was not meant to be.

I had purchased a 1 hour massage voucher for the Manger of the Preschool and also for one of her teachers aides and for her other teachers aide I decided to give a different gift that I just knew would be more suited to her than a massage voucher.

As soon as I gave the voucher to the first teachers aide and thanked her for all she had done for Violet throughout the year, she started to cry and then in turn I started to and we just hugged...then I moved onto the Manager and the same happened again.

It was a very hard thing to do say good bye to the very people who have helped Violet so much this past year but also helped me overcome some of my anxiousness. I could never thank the staff enough!

Below is a section of the card I had typed to them today minus the preschools name:


You may wonder why I haven’t written this myself, well to tell you the truth I can’t...I would make too many mistakes as today for me is especially an emotional day. I know it is for most parents but for someone that is a parent of a child with special needs, it is that little bit more.
Words can not begin to express how much we appreciate all you have done to make Violet’s year at Preschool not only a smooth one but also an inclusive one.
It really has benefited her beyond what I could ever have imagined and I really feel this is a credit to you all and the Preschool.
Jacqui, you really do go above and beyond for all the children. I would like to personally thank you and also for the funding you have helped organise for Violet throughout the year including her transition to school funding.
For all that you have done, we would like to thank you all.
We will miss seeing you all and hope to call in from time to time. Hope you all have a safe and great Christmas and New Year.
Love Sarah, Dave, Emily and Violet

5 comments:

Melissa and Luke Young said...

What a lovely card and gesture!!! Im looking forward to building these sorts of relationships next year with Ellies teachers and aides... Thanks for sharing x

Alison said...

I am so glad we have another year at preschool as I can't bear the thought of saying good bye to everyone - I will be a mess too!! I'm glad Violet has had a great experience at preschool. I have been amazed at how good preschool has been for Ashlea - who would have thought??? I can remember how concerned we were at the beginning of the year!

Josephine said...

I am so glad that they all did such a wonderful job, and I hope her new teachers and new school will be just as wonderful for you both.

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Sarah, I loved your words to Violets very special teachers.
Hope you have wonderful holidays xx

Mazzmerise said...

beautifully said and sad too.

{{hugs}} hope the new aides at her school next year can form strong bonds too