Thursday, 18 November 2010

Health Action Plan Meeting

This afternoon, I met with Violet's school Principal, Disability Itinerant Support Lady and School Counsellor as I had to go through and make a new Health Action Plan with the school even though Violet has one in place at her preschool already, the Dept of Education do things alot differently...and by differently I mean alot more detailed and thorough...lets just hope they stick to it when it comes down to it!

It was another long meeting, took 3 hours to go through Violet's medical conditions and write a detailed plan for each of them. Luckily I had already prepared them with the one I had typed up for Preschool, otherwise we would have been there longer.

They have also decided to introduce a card system there for Violet in case of a medical emergency which is great! (most schools have these kind of systems in place)

The staff will carry these cards with them, with an information card on Violet with her photo, conditions and emergency procedures in a bag at all times.

The information cards on Violet and her medical conditions will be displayed in all the rooms she frequents at the school, office and when she goes on school excursions they will obviously take one with her then...but of course I will be accompanying her to all excursions forever anyway!

6 comments:

The Henrys said...

Don't you love those three hour meetings? I'm glad to hear it all went well!

Melissa and Luke Young said...

That all sounds really positive.... It looks llike they are really taking it seriously... Im happy for you

Alison said...

Wow - I don't know if I'd have the patience for a 3 hour meeting!!

Rosalie said...

Wow 3 hours! I guess since ours is a Special school they have all that inplace.

Can you believe our babies will be in Kindy :(

Belinda said...

Sounds good! 3 hrs is a long time! xx.

Mazzmerise said...

happy to hear things are slowly getting there and wow to school next year