Friday, 1 October 2010

Ears

We went back to Violet's ENT last Wednesday and even with her recent increase in ear infections he is still procrastinating whether to put a grommet in her left ear, which still has high readings of pressure in her middle ear! He feels he doesn't want her to have to go through a GA for this (well if only he knew how many she has had already in her short life) what other choice do we have except keep her on AB's for the foreseeable future!

Today, guess what happened...back to the GP...another ear infection in her left ear! So, I am thinking of getting another ENT's opinion as I don't want Violet to be on AB's and in pain constantly!

I don't understand how other people I know get grommets at the drop of a hat and Violet has to endure all these ear infections and get no help for them besides AB's.

10 comments:

Cathy said...

I agree. Definitely time for a second opinion!

Melissa and Luke Young said...

definately time for a second opinion. Hope you find a good ENT. Funnily enough Ellie had more ear infections after she had the grommits put in... Bizzare!!

Alison said...

Definitely time for a second opinion! I hope she is feeling better soon.

Carla said...

I so hear you on the second opinion. Just how many ear aches does she need to have before the dr. will do something other than ABs? Sheesh!
Love her new pic at the top of the page, btw. So sweet!

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

I would definitely get a second opinion. They would help alleviate a lot of pressure for her. Audrey still got ear infections even after tubes were placed but a new ENT cleared that up in about two visits.
I understand your frustration. I hope you find a great new ENT, if that is the route you are going to take.

Laura said...

I agree with the consensus, time for a 2nd (or 3rd) opinion. I guess we just lucked out with Cara's ENT. He didn't mess around. Hopefully, you will be able to find one who will be sympathetic to Violet's plight and schedule the procedure STAT.

Jolene said...

Its funny I think our ENT is the opposite, lol. I agree I'd go for a second opinion too!

Belinda said...

2nd opinion time. Hope you find a good one! xx. Love the new pic! xx.

Missy said...

Grrrr!

We have been super lucky our end. My ENT whipped out Missymoos tonsils, adenoids and put grommets in the minute I mentioned our issues.
I would actually get a second opinion asap. Kids need to hear to be able to speak properly.
There is also NO need for our kids, with already added complications to be continually sick. Enough is enough....time for Violet to have grommets!! Find a new one. If you were in WA I would give you the name of my fav ENT!!

Rosalie said...

I am so sorry to hear Violet has to suffer through so many infections, i totally agree with getting a second opinion.