Saturday, 16 October 2010

CT Scan






I have been keeping a diary of Violet's headaches, nausea and extra tiredness for a couple of weeks now and although she is still eating reasonably well, I have been worried and decided to call her Neurosurgical team and ask what they thought.

They organised for her to have a CT scan to check on her shunt. On comparing them with her last CT scan from January, seems that her shunt is still functioning...huge relief, as I was worried it may be the start of a partial blockage! So, they are at a loss as to what may be causing her to have daily headaches and the other symptoms. They have suggested getting her bloods done to check all is okay. So, Monday she will be having her bloods checked including her Epilim levels.

I am hoping it's not her Epilim causing them as she hasn't had a seizure for months now, the best she has been on seizure meds ever so far! It would also be weird for the Epilim to only just now have started causing these symptoms, when she has been on it since February!

5 comments:

The Henrys said...

I'm glad that the CT scan was good. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything else checks out okay...

Alison said...

I'm glad the shunt is working. Its great that the epilim is working for her seizures - I really hope that isn't causing the headaches.

Melissa and Luke Young said...

Good to hear that it is not a problem with her shunt. Hopefully nothing comes up from the bloods. Thinking of you x

April said...

Oh I'm glad her shunt is doing well! Hope you find the answers you need!

Madame Eden said...

Hi. I am so very glad I found your blog. I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter that has Congenital Hydrocephalus. Her first shunt was placed at 11 days old, and she's had 2 revisions since. These past few weeks she's also had a lot of headaches. she had a CT scan and a shunt series done, and her shunt looks good, as does her blood work. we are going to her neurosurgeon on monday, but right now her headaches are also a mystery...

I don't really know many people who deal with Hydrocephalus, and ould love to connect with some people dealing with some of the same issues.