Monday, 6 September 2010

R & R

This week I decided enough was enough. As we don't normally seem to have a break in Violet's routine, even with school holidays we still have many appointments.

I decided even though I did have appointments scheduled this week, for 1 week we would postpone them and have no therapy, no hospital appointments etc...no nothing.

I have burnt myself out lately from everything and feel I desperately need a rest aswell. So, it's a break for Violet and myself.

As you would imagine, I am still busy with "normal" things...taking girls to school, shopping and the car got new brakes today and gets new tyres on Wednesday...these last 2 things could not be put off any longer.

The photo above is a section of the acreage we manage...not a bad place to chill out.

Oh and one of our latest arrivals of many more to come...

7 comments:

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

Sooo glad to hear you have managed to eke out some R & R...

We have booked a holiday for week 3 of term 4, and I'm sure by then it'll be desperately needed (especially if M is having surgery in November).

Is Miss V having foot surgery shortly before her school start?

Hope to see you soon!! ;-)

Sarah said...

Oh sounds great! minus M's surgery of course!

Yes Violet has major foot/leg surgery booked for 22nd Feb, almost 1 month into Term 1...not fun, but I know it has to be done.

Josephine said...

Sometimes you really need to just do that. This is the first time we've ever done it, and it's really nice! And I actually think it's good for everyone.

Alison said...

What a great idea - enjoy your week of freedom.

Carla said...

so glad toi hear you've found some time for yourself w/ no appointments. You have been running on all eight cylenders for a long time.
Your calf is sweet!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Sarah, what a wonderful idea! you really deserve some down time and I think you should do it once a term. Enjoy and we hope to visit that land oneday - beautiful xx

Belinda said...

Good idea! Hope you enjoy your week! xx.

Beautiful calf!