Sunday, 11 July 2010

Oh Sunrise...how could you!

I mean I really despised this morning show anyway, but now they have done their dash with me for good, letting someone like this woman on there that talks rubbish about something she clearly has no idea about judging by her response.

This morning on Sunrise's All Stars debate, Prue McSween said that children with special needs should not be in mainstream classes and even used the R word in relation to boys being R's around girls in general!

What hope for inclusion do our children with special needs have with this attitude!

Here is the link to the story, they discuss another story first and this section I am talking about starts at 4.58 minutes into it. You may also need to click on the sunrise all stars - July 11 link below.

All our children want and deserve is to be included and accepted in this world and like any other child, have the chance to have the same education and finally for people to realise children with special needs are human too!

Edited to add: There is now a Facebook page for Prue McSween and Channel 7 to apologise, here is the link

4 comments:

Alison said...

I hate that show and never watch it anyway. That woman is a twit. Wasn't she on beauty and the beast??? That says it all.

Melissa and Luke Young said...

Your post is SPOT ON!!! what hope do our kids have with people like Prue. She really has no idea... I am going to wirte a formal complaint

Samantha said...

I just watched it, what a moron, I noticed that Andrew very quickly shut her up though, lol, I think he could se where she was heading ;)

Anavar said...

"All our children want and deserve is to be included and accepted in this world and like any other child..." Nothing left to say. I totally agree, but sadly today society is so cruel to difference. Thanks for sharing.