Thursday, 24 June 2010

Not well at all

Well, today was day 3 of Violet having a fever and feeling absolutely miserable, she has slept most the day and when awake she is very lethargic.

So I thought this afternoon after her fever reached 38.5°C, that I needed to take her to the G.P to make sure all was okay.

Once there he checked her temperature and by then it had reached 39.6°C. He checked her ears and she does have an ear infection in her right ear on top of her virus, so he prescribed Amoxicillin and told me to try and manage her fever with Panadol and Nurofen. Which is what I have been doing anyway.

If she doesn't improve with her fever in the next 24 hours he wants me to take her straight to Westmead Hospital given all her underlying conditions.

9 comments:

Mazzmerise said...

Hope she is better soon.♥

Alison said...

Hope she is feeing better soon. You need to try and avoid hospital - you never know what you'll come home with from there!

Missy said...

Hope she is feeling better soon and that it is "just" an ear infection and nothing else!
hugs xx

Belinda said...

Just caught up on all your recent posts.

Hope Violet avoids going to hospital and recovers asap! xxxx.

Ally {mtm} said...

Poor little poppet. I haven't been reading blogs lately, so have missed all the appointments and such with Violet.

I hope she's feeling better. Poor little Princess to have an ear infection on top of a virus. Sending her all the get well soon vibes I can muster.

xx

Kristen said...

Sweet little girl. I hope she is feeling better soon. I know it's worrisome when they are so sick.

Melissa and Luke Young said...

Sarah, So sorry to hear that Violet is unwell. I hope she is better soon and that you get some rest. FIngers crossed you dont have to take her to hospital... Big hugs xxx

Hannon! said...

Poor Violet! I hope she feels better soon! I hate to hear that she's got an ear infection

Jolene said...

So sorry to hear this, hope she is better soon!!