Monday, 28 June 2010


Violet had a few more ups and downs with her pneumonia the past 24 hours. She again required oxygen yesterday after going blue. They continued to monitor her closely over night.

One of their main concerns was whether Violet has bacterial pneumonia, if she does this can get into her VP shunt and cause an infection in it. Thankfully, it looks like she has managed to avoid that so far.

They decided not to drain the fluid off her lungs as when the Doctors came around this morning and checked her chest they said it sounded a bit better.

As she had a good night last night, we were allowed to discharge with oral AB's. If her fever spikes again or she has breathing difficulties they said to bring her straight back in. They will re scan her chest in the coming weeks to see how it looks.

At the moment she is fast asleep.


Laura said...

Oh gosh! What are ordeal poor Violet's (and you, no doubt) been through. So glad to hear that she's doing better and that you've been discharged. I hope she continues to improve and you can put this behind you. Give Violet a big hug from us!

Alison said...

So glad you're home. I hope she continues to feel better.

April said...

HOORAY for home! Hope she continues to improve each day! Sending our love!

Jolene said...

Poor sweetie! HUGS to her!