Friday, 21 May 2010

Quick Funding

...who would have thought!

I recently applied for some funding through ADHC to purchase an Epi-Assist Epilepsy Monitor/Alarm and a new Disability Stroller, as Violet's second hand Maclaren stroller is starting to seize up as it is after all 16 years old! Which is such a shame as it has all the accessories you can get for a Maclaren!

I only put the application in 1 month ago and I received a letter in the mail confirming the panel had discussed the application and it was approved!!! All I needed to do was accept that with a signature and give them my bank details so they can deposit the money for these purchases.

It will be fantastic when both of these items arrive. The Epilepsy monitor will help me sleep at least a little better. She had a few small seizures 2 weeks ago after weaning off the Tegretol and just being on the Epilim. They were thankfully only short lasting 1 minute which is alot different to her usual status epilepticus. Her med level check that was taken a few weeks ago was too low, so I rang her Neurologist and he has increased her dose, so hoping this helps control them a bit more.

As for her new stroller, I can't wait as the lack of safety on her Maclaren at the moment due to it's age is a worry. I am looking at purchasing a Dobuggy from Doability in Melbourne. They gave me a cheaper price over the phone than on the net. I know she is almost 5 and may sound weird to have her still in a stroller but she just hasn't got the stamina to be without it.

In other news:

Violet's MRI under GA of her legs will be on the 23rd June.

10 comments:

Alison said...

Was that with the Family Assistance Fund? Glad to hear you can get the things you need.

Its nice to get a pleasant surprise from the system from time to time!!

Sarah said...

Yeah it sure was! They only told me about it a few months ago, The Spastic Centre has failed to let me know years ago! Just another thing they neglected to let me know though!

Belinda said...

That is great! Good to hear!

Melissa and Luke Young said...

Great News Sarah... Its nice to get assistance with these things... Cant beleive how quick their response was...

Rosalie said...

That's great to hear Sarah. I'm with you on the not being told anything crap! Am getting pretty sick of it..

April said...

HOORAY! I'm so happy you were able to get some special things to help meet your needs!!! YEAH!!

Laura said...

Yay! So glad that you received the funding! And with such of a quick response too! :o) The stroller looks really neat. I just brought a new (used) stroller for Cara too since I managed to run over the back wheel of her lovely Chicco stroller awhile back. Hard to know how long we'll need one as long distances still tire her out.

Mazzmerise said...

thats great that it was approved so quickly but well so it should be when it is needed.

Hope you get that good night sleep soon
Talk soon ♥

Korin and Isabella said...

Ohhhh i'm so happy for you!! This must make you so excited and make you feel like sometimes things do go well. :)

Jolene said...

Wow that is such great news! I hate how all of the extras we are entitled too gets burried and no one every mentions them! Here we get a disability tax credit ($100 a month aprox.) if we have a child with certain medical issues, one being hearing loss and NO ONE out of ALL the people Jasmine works with ever said anything to me about it until over a year later her opthamologist who has nothing to do with her hearing said something to me! Crazy!