Sunday, 21 March 2010

Epi-Assist

One of my friends I have met online whose little man has many conditions one of which is Epilepsy put me onto the Epi-Assist - Seizure Monitoring Alarm.

I am going to get one for Violet. As most of her seizures happen at night in bed and she also vomits throughout and I am very anxious that she may choke on her own vomit in the process. She does have focal seizures first and then they generalise and she has the clonic movements.

I think it is a small price to pay for peace of mind as Violet's seizures go on for hours in waves and she never regains consciousness on her own, so would feel much safer knowing that something is in place to help monitor her while she sleeps.

6 comments:

Alison said...

Sounds like a good plan - if it gives you peace of mind it will be money well spent.

Melissa and Luke Young said...

Great Idea... I havent heard of this.. I might check it out. It will help you sleep easier

Laura said...

That's a wonderful idea! I have a baby alert device that I still use for Cara. It lets me know if she's crying or up & about in her room. I love it because I can change the sensitivity to pick up the littlest noises or only the blood-curdling screams. I hope the Epi-Assist gives you some peace of mind. :o)

Belinda said...

Great idea for sure!

Mazzmerise said...

that sounds like a good idea and peace of mind for you.. I still use my advent movement and sound monitor in A's room as it picks up the smallest sound the movement side not good now in a big bed though hehe but getting my money's worth and helps me sleep with knowing if she needs me I can hear her,

April said...

That sounds like a great tool to have! Thanks for sharing!