Monday, 19 October 2009

Essential Baby

Back in September 2006, I joined the site Essential Baby.

It has provided me with huge support over the years and continues to. I have been in contact with many wonderful and inspirational mums who also have Babies and Kids With Disabilities & Special Needs.

I don't know what I would have done without the support of the other mums in there!

Back in early April I was asked from one the writer's for feature member to be exactly that a "feature member". She told me someone had nominated me to share our journey with others.

At the time I said yes, but a few days later came my diagnosis and I really struggled to get it all written and ready before my operation. I managed to get it all done and just today has been posted to their site.

If you would like a read of the article: Violet's Story

4 comments:

Alison said...

I saw that you were the feature member!

Korin said...

I checked it out. You wrote it really great.

Dianne said...

I just read your story. You write so well Sarah - with such honesty and an ability to explain complex medical matters very simply. It's a real gift! Congrats and thanks for sharing. Violet really is an amazing girl with a superduper mum (superduper is S's fave word at the mo ;-)).
xo

Michelle said...

You're amazing Sarah. All that you have gone through and continue to go through and you are still there for others (including me). You hubby and girls are so lucky to have you as their wife and mother and I feel so lucky to have you as my friend. Lots of love and big bear hugs to you xxxx