Monday, 25 May 2009

Pre-School Application

Well, if one good thing can come of me and my impending brain surgery, it's this!

As Pre-School applications for next year have to be put in by July, I thought to myself this would be something I really needed to organise before my surgery. Not only to make sure she got a placement but that I had been able to visit a few centres to make a proper decision.

We went and visited a couple of Pre-Schools last week, some of which as soon as I walked into made me feel very uneasy. Some of them appeared to have no structure or organisation at all!

But then I found one that I really felt good about! They had no idea I was visiting, so none of it could have possibly been orchestrated.

Not only did the centre look safe for Violet, it has a great structured program and as soon as we walked in we saw the children sitting in the room intently listening to a story being read. The staff were very informative and friendly and after explaining Violet's needs to them they were more than happy to look into organising her funding straight away! I took an application and thought to myself even though I was extremely happy with what I had seen, I still need some thinking time before putting the application in.

Later that night I filled it in and the next day I took it back into the Pre-School. I have decided on 2 days per week. They will be contacting me in September for an offer of placement for Violet. They will then book an appointment with the Director to organise Violet's Health Care Plan.

As I left the centre, I felt like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders! Something I had been dreading and even putting off for so long, I had finally done it and felt very comfortable with my choice.

8 comments:

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Sarah, so glad you have made the decision to send Violet out into the big wide world! she will flourish and LOVE it! well done and thinking of you always. bron

Korin said...

Awww big step not only for Violet but for you as well. I am so happy for you!

n0thingbuteverything said...

Fantastic news Sarah! It's great when you get a really good feel about a place!! I bet Violet will love it! Very happy for you both xo

Laura said...

I'm glad that you found a place for Violet where she will learn and benefit from all of the social interaction. This preschool sounds lovely! It is such of a hard decision to make, but it sounds like you found the perfect fit. :) Now, this fall, we can shed some tears together...our little ones are growing up!

Carla said...

Wow! pre-school! She is growing up so fast! It sounds like a great place. Awesome that you were able to get a good vibe from the place straight away.

Alison said...

Thats great news Sarah. It is such a relief when you find the right centre. I'm sure Violet will love it.

Kristen said...

What a great feeling it is to :

get things checked off of the to-do list...

find the perfect school...

have the faculty be so helpful...

What a praise!

Milk Mama said...

Hello. I just found your blog. I'm glad that you made a decision that you feel comfortable with. That will set your mind at ease. :) Violet is a beautiful girl and so blessed to have you as her mum!