Sunday, 19 April 2009

When it rains, it pours

After such a hectic 2 weeks with myself. I was woken this morning by Violet at 1am for her cuddles that should only happen around 6am!

I was then woken at 6am by her panting and I thought she may have been playing with her barbie that she sleeps with. So I felt around for her barbie and felt a wet area near her face but couldn't smell vomit, so I turned her lamp on and she panted again and then vomited again and I realised she was having seizures. Which was devastating as she has had none since starting her meds in November.

As her panting was a new thing during her seizures I didn't feel comfortable administering her Midazolam. Even though I know she has it with her Botox and she has been trialled in the hospital with it the panting bought a whole different feel to her seizures. Her heart rate of course was thru the roof.

Then she had no bladder control and we decided to drive her to the hospital to get her stabilised.

As usual with her, we were fast tracked thru past lots of other people waiting and seen to straight away. She had her bloods, urine and was canulated. They also ordered a CT scan and Shunt Series X-ray.

While she was at the hospital she continued vomiting, she was very lethargic and of course sleepy from all her seizure activity.

CT result came back as stable and her Shunt Series Study appeared to be good too.

So, Neurologist has decided to increase her meds and see how this goes. She is increasing gradually over the next 2 weeks and I hope this controls them. Will have Tegretol Levels checked again in the next few weeks.

8 comments:

Dianne said...

Oh Sarah.

You guys so deserve a break!!

It's great that the scans/checks were OK, but that must have been really scary and disappointing as you've had such a long time between seizures.

Sending you and Violet big hugs xoxoxo

suealeen said...

Sarah,
Just to let you know that I'm thinking of you. Believe me, I know how does it feel. Yep, you really need a break.

Pray that God will help you along the way!

Hugs and kisses from both of us.

Ally said...

Wow, what a rough time you guys are having.

Glad the scans came back okay, must have been scary. Poor little Violet.

Thinking of you xx

Laura said...

Oh gosh poor Violet & mommy! I agree with the previous comments, you so deserve a break. You plate is so very full, it's heaping! I'm thinking of, and praying for, both of you. I hope that the increase in drugs helps to stabilize Violet.

Josephine said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope and pray that they will be able to get it all under control so that you and Violet don't have to deal with any more episodes like this.

Alison said...

So sorry to hear Violet has been having seizures. I'm glad the scans all looked good and I hope the new dose of medication works for her.

Thinking of you.

Nitesister said...

Poor baby! I hope she feels better soon!

Korin said...

Oh boy!!! All I can say is UGGH!!
I am so happy the scans came back okay!