Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Dental Appointment

Violet laying very still before being examined and looks like she's pretending to be asleep! Oh and no it isn't a crop top...just her big belly showing out from under her t-shirt!

Today Violet had her dental review. As usual she screamed the whole time they wanted to look in her mouth which in some ways is good as they get a great look at her teeth while she is crying, just harder for me I guess.

She still has no cavities which is fantastic!

As last dental review her left hand side teeth are still much higher up than they should be, but they will continue to monitor that.

They would like to x-ray, but feel she will most likely be uncooperative at the moment and hope that they will be able to do this when she is a little bit older.

I have to laugh those sunnies dentists give kids, Violet hates them and will not wear them at all, even though she has her own pair of sunnies!

She will be reviewed again in 1 year!

10 comments:

Josephine said...

I haven't taken Avery to a dentist yet, but I imagine that she will most likely scream and cry during it too! Maybe that's why I've been putting it off.....!!
Well done for staying cavity free Violet!!
Love the picture - was she hoping that if they thought she was asleep they'd leave her alone?? haha!

Alison said...

Yes the screaming at the dentist is the only way Ash's teeth get examined too! Did you go to the kids hospital for it? They may be able to do the x-rays next time she has a GA. That is what we will do - next time Ash needs a GA for anything they will do a dental exam at the same time.

Sweetest Girl in the World said...

No cavities, that's awesome!

That picture of her is too cute! Love that belly!!

Good job keeping a clean mouth!

Carla said...

Oh poor dear! I also hated the dentist when I was little. I don't blame her for crying out loud!
She has a sweet belly!

Hamza Zakir said...

i love Violets lil tummy sticking out! very Cute!

Sarah said...

Alison, Yeah it was at Westmead. I should do that Violet has 2 x G/A's coming up so would be a good idea.

Josephine said...

I've been meaning to tell you (but keep on forgetting), that I really like that you've added Violet's milestones in the sidebar there - that's a great idea! Nice to see how far she's come :)

Sarah said...

Thanks Josephine!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

GREAT NEWS! I am very impressed with the no cavities and the screaming and carrying on sounds like us too!
I adore her little tummy too :)

Dianne said...

Woohoo! I wish our dental appointment had been so successful! Great that she's cavity free AND best of all you don't have to go back for another whole year.

LOVE the pic. It's a classic ;-)