Tuesday, 22 January 2008

Neurosurgeon Appointment

About a month ago, Violet had some unusual episodes. She would lay on the floor motionless and just stare blankly like she wasn't conscious of anything for about 5-10 seconds each time, then eventually she would get up and carry on as she was before.

Her Neurosurgeon is wondering whether she could have been having absence seizures. He has advised me to get in contact with him if she does this again, so he can organise an EEG.

All being well, she will be reviewed again 29th July.

1 comment:

Ivey's Story said...

I hope the EEG tells you things are okay. I wonder if maybe Ivey has adsent seizures sometimes. She will get still but for very brief moments of time. It is a strange still though. Can you tell me anything else? She has an appointment with her neurologist in a few weeks, I might ask him too. Let me know if you find out any thing. Good luck. She is a beautiful little girl! gwen